Support Worker – Ipswich
Pay rates from £9.00 per hour!
Capital Recruitment are one of the UK’s leading providers of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of care homes. Due to a rise in demand, we are searching for support workers in Ipswich.
Please be advised we have flexible work available, for both day and night shifts with block bookings available.
- You must have the right to work within the UK
- Driving license
- You must have a good standard of English and be able to communicate effectively,
- A warm, compassionate nature with the ability to work with patience and understanding,
- You must have a minimum of 6 months care experience within the UK
- A valid, in-date DBS on the update service
- Manage patient expectations
- Provide assistance to a person returning from hospital or medical facility and those identified by local health professionals as being at risk of a further decline in health or without a support mechanism.
- Take/accompany service user to attend hospital appointments or other activities as required in the care/support plan using own or our vehicle
- To have the ability to provide on-going assessment of service users’ needs, to develop a support plan to meet these needs and provide appropriate support to achieve positive outcomes
- Recording and reporting of activities undertaken and highlighting any changes in a service user’s condition and ensure that appropriate actions are taken if a service user’s health deteriorates
- Liaising with health, housing and other professionals to ensure that the needs of the individual are consistently met
- To ensure as safe as possible a living environment for service users through carrying out risk assessments and providing information/advice whilst respecting their individual dignity, choice and rights.
- To carry out follow-up welfare checks and visits as required and assist service users with their activities to re-enable their daily living skills for up to the maximum support period.
- Carry out needs and risk assessments with service users, liaising with referrers as necessary.
- Provide practical and emotional support such as; mobility aids loans, transport, companionship, assistance with shopping, helping access to groups and activities
- Signpost to further support available; liaising with Community Connectors, external organisations, partners and voluntary and community sector colleagues
Benefits of working with Capital Recruitment as a Support Worker :
- Flexible hours
- Free PPE
- Refer a friend scheme – Earn up to £100 per successful person
- Expert training and ongoing support
For more information, please contact Capital Recruitment on 0800 007 5577.