An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Procurement team with our Client as a Supplies Manager in the GU21, Woking area.
You will report to the Regional Materials Manager and form part of a team which is responsible for delivering a professional procurement service and achieving significant efficiencies for our client.
The post holder will be expected to provide a professional procurement service and undertake activity associated with routine purchases, including purchase orders, price enquiries and competitive quotations.
- Lead, motivate, supervise and train a team of supplies staff.
- Ensure effective people management including recruitment, development, deployment, performance review, absence management, disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Ensure departmental meetings take place and communication cascades happen effectively
- To ensure goods and services are purchased to meet hospital requirements, in line with Nuffield Hospitals policies and procedures
- To manage resources- management of requisitions and the selection and ordering of goods / equipment
- To develop the departmental and hospital supplies budgets, with accountability for achieving budgets, cost management and the accurate and timely provision of all management information required
- To ensure effective business planning and development for the department with input into hospital business planning, improvement and development
- To define, agree and ensure the achievement of departmental and Supply Chain objectives, and target inventory levels
- To ensure all audits / reviews of the department and its performance are undertaken and action is taken to address any issues raised
- To review and implement Nuffield Health policies and procedures within the department and ensure departmental compliance with all relevant standards and procedures
- To ensure that best practice in inventory management is followed within the department, undertaking and managing regular stock takes in accordance with Nuffield Hospitals policy
- To liaise with, monitor and control the activities of the hospital’s suppliers in relation to the service provided to the hospital
- To identify and address risk management issues.
- To ensure all records relevant to area of responsibility are maintained, managed and reported accurately and in accordance with required procedures and timescales.
- To actively participate in any business process / project / initiative which may impact upon / be impacted by area of responsibility.
- A good standard of general education with proven literacy and numeracy.
- Supplies management experience.
- Good IT skills and experience of IT systems relevant to role.
Our ideal candidate would also possess budget and people management experience and be educated to degree level or equivalent. They would also demonstrate the vision and ability to make business decisions and take responsibility for their outcomes. Inspire people to achieve organizational goals and leads by example.
Job Type – Full Time, 8am – 4pm, Monday-Friday (37.5 Hours a week).
(Please note this is a temporary position, with the potential to lead to a permanent position after)
Pay Rate : £20 p/h
Looking for someone to start ASAP.
If you have interest or want more information be sure to, contact Nadia at 07368953803 or via Nadia@CapitalRecruitmentLTD.co.uk